Report a Problem
Water Quality Problems
For water quality problems such as fish kills, water well problems, unusual odors, sewage spills, stream buffer damage, dirty stormwater, etc. contact one of the following:
- Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation (TDEC), 1-888-891-TDEC (8332)
- TDEC Nashville Field Office (local), (615) 687-7000
- Harpeth Conservancy, (615) 790-9767, email@example.com
- Metro Stormwater Division, (615) 862-4600, firstname.lastname@example.org
- File a complaint under Tenn. Code Ann. § 69-3-118(a) with TDEC by filling out the online form.
- You can do this by phone, but in writing is always advisable.
- In the field on the form that says “Ask TDEC your question,” the first line should say “COMPLAINT UNDER TENN. CODE ANN. § 69-3-118(a)” to get their attention.
- Unless determined to be “duplicitous or frivolous,” a complaint made pursuant to § 118(a) triggers a duty to “immediately serve a copy of it upon the person or persons named in the complaint, promptly investigate the allegations contained in the complaint, and notify the alleged violator of what action, if any, the commissioner will take.” Tenn. Code Ann. § 69-3-118(a). TDEC has 90 days to resolve the issue.
- WE WOULD ADVISE YOU TO TAKE AS MANY PICTURES AND VIDEOS (PREFERABLY DATE/TIME, GEO-STAMPED, ETC.) OF THE ISSUES AS YOU CAN, AND SEND THOSE TO THE SHERIFF, THE COUNTY STORMWATER COORDINATOR, TDEC, AND OTHERS.
- Michael Scott, Williamson County stormwater coordinator, (615) 790-5809, email@example.com
For erosion problems, submit the location, problem, and images to TDEC’s Stream Restoration Map.
Logjams Under Bridges
State Roads (Hwy 96, Hwy 100, Hwy 46, I 40, I 24, I 65, etc.), and Franklin Road (US 31):
- Amy Fiscor with the TN Dept. of Transportation, Amy.Fiscor@tn.gov
- Williamson County: Highway Superintendent Eddie Hood, Williamson County Highway Dept, (615) 790-5596, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Davidson County: Department of Public Works, (615) 862-8750, or fill out the form located at this link nashville.gov/Public-Works/Forms/Request-Customer-Service.aspx
- Cheatham County: Road Superintendent Robert Hester, (615) 792-4240.
- Rutherford County: Road Superintendent Greg Brooks, (615) 898-7856
- Dickson County: Road Superintendent Jerry Burgess, (615) 446-2638, email@example.com
Local Stormwater Office Contacts
If you observe a stormwater surge or would like to report stormwater runoff issues, call your local stormwater office:
- Davidson County, (615) 880-2420 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rutherford County, (615) 898-7732
- Williamson County, (615) 790-9506
- City of Franklin, (615) 791-3218
- City of Brentwood, (615) 371-0080
- City of Dickson, (615) 790-5608
Local Government Contacts
County Mayor Rogers Anderson:
1320 W. Main St. Suite 125
Franklin, TN 37064