Canoeing and Kayaking
Outfitters Near the Harpeth River
Canoe Music City
Things to Remember
- Paddles! Make sure to always pack a spare if you have room.
- Life jackets/personal flotation devices (one per paddler)
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, and, hat/visor
- Water and snacks
- Water proof attire
- Map of the river (if available)
- Dry bag for your personal belongings (NEW dry bags available in our online store)
- Headlight and extra batteries (in case your’e on the water past dark)
- Signaling whistle
- Paddling gloves and water shoes
Paddling Around Nashville is a great resource for paddling enthusiasts looking for great recreation opportunities right in their own backyard! Middle Tennessee has an extraordinary number of beautiful spots for paddling. These aren’t the fast paced, high adrenaline waterways of Eastern Tennessee fame. Instead, they offer more cautious outdoor adventures and opportunities to commune with nature. Fortunately, another great feature of these trips is that they are right outside our back door! “It is to be hoped that more of us will become aware of these treasures, more of us will be willing to protect them.” –Patty Shultz, author of Paddling Around Nashville.