After the crazy year we’ve had already, we couldn’t wait to dive into this month’s Conservation Conversations topic: Flooding in Tennessee. Nashville in particular has
Be River Responsible
The Harpeth River State Park has over 500,000 visitors each year, many of whom are unfamiliar with river etiquette, safety, and stewardship.
What we do
Harpeth Conservancy, along with state and local partners, leads efforts to organize river clean-ups and educate individuals on responsible, safe, and respectful use of our State Scenic Harpeth River.
Areas of Focus
Since 2017, Harpeth Conservancy, along with partners, has distributed over 500 biodegradable litter bags and hosted 5+ river clean-ups each year along the Harpeth River to remove trash.
Education & awareness
Harpeth Conservancy helps educate individuals and households about reducing their impact on rivers and water quality as well as enhance wildlife habitat.
How to get involved:
- Email us if you’re interested in installing a Be River Responsible sign on your property.
- Volunteer for an organized river clean-up event or host your own! Clean-up events can be walking or floating in a canoe!
How to get involved:
- Follow our Be River Responsible guidelines and spread awareness.
- “Lock your Load” – Help prevent trash from flying off the back of your pickup or vehicle by using proper tiedowns.
- Use more recyclable “to-go” containers, compostable napkins, etc. and reduce straw usage.
- Test your soil and practice smart fertilization to limit nutrient pollution in our waterways.
We have some GREAT news to share with you! Harpeth Conservancy has merged the Richland Creek Watershed Alliance (RCWA) into its programs. After over 10
Author: Jake Peters Due to its unique combination of geologic and hydrologic features, Middle Tennessee has long been at an elevated risk for flooding. Traditionally,
Harpeth Conservancy hosted its fourth Conservation Conversation, a monthly online educational series with experts answering your questions, on Wednesday, July, 22 2020. This month’s topic was