Outreach Internship – Fall 2023
Harpeth Conservancy seeks a fall semester intern to work 2-5 hours/week. Harpeth Conservancy is dedicated to protecting clean water and healthy ecosystems for rivers in Tennessee. The fall intern will support that mission through volunteer coordination, outreach, education, and other projects as needed.
About Harpeth Conservancy
Founded in 1999, the Harpeth Conservancy mission is to restore and protect clean water and healthy ecosystems for rivers in Tennessee by employing scientific expertise and collaborative relationships to develop, promote and support broad community stewardship and action.
Ideal candidates are available for these dates (or as many of them as possible!):
- Sept 9 – Lessons on the River: Water Sewage Treatment Plant Tour
- Sept 16 – River Swing (fundraising event)
- Sept 23 – Centerville’s 200th Birthday Celebration (outreach)
- Sept 24 – Lessons on the River: World Rivers Day Plant Walk
- Oct 7 – Greater Nashville Litter Cleanup
- Oct 21 – Lessons on the River: Fly Fishing Clinic on the Harpeth
- Nov 7 – River Steward Awards
- Nov 11 – Lessons on the River: Wetlands, Pollinators, & Plants!
- Dec 1 – Rally for Rivers Campaign Kick-Off (fundraising event)
- Assist with fall volunteer, outreach, and education opportunities
- Assist with social media content creation
- Assist with fundraising events
Desired Skills, Experience, and Qualifications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willing to work indoors and outdoors
- Graphic design/website experience would be a plus
- Available weekends, as scheduled ahead of time
- Experience coordinating volunteer efforts
- Must be reliable, responsible, and flexible
- Access to a car to travel to various sites in the greater Nashville area
- Ability to participate within a multi-disciplinary team as well as act independently as needed.
- Interest in biology, wildlife, or environmental topics and issues is a plus
- Experience in environmental education, outreach, and volunteer management
- Event planning, research skills
- Office and nonprofit work environment experience
Please send cover letter and resume to Marie Campbell at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Fall Outreach Internship.”